Monday, December 26, 2011

Love Grows Here


LOVE GROWS HERE
(Pocket Prayer)
11" x 11"
Hand-painted on 8m habotai

Christmas Eve service at Asbury Memorial United Methodist Church was amazing. Sacred dance, holy music, and the call to remember to be the voice of Love to others.

A year or so ago at the same church, a visiting church leader gave a compelling talk. I don't remember his name, but his message moved me to create this silk painting. He said that we as individuals, as a community, and as a church should live in such a way that the world looks on and KNOWS that "love grows here." This has certainly been my experience at this amazing church community. I am deeply grateful for the heartfelt welcome I have received there.

Many of Asbury's services are online. To see more, click here.

To see other Pocket Prayers, click here.

No comments: